Welcome to The Good and the Beautiful High School 3 Language Arts
Before You Begin High School 3
All of our high school courses are designed to be open-and-go!
Let’s look at what is included in the High School 3 course and how to get started.
The High School 3 course set includes the individual items listed below. If you did not receive all of these items, check your packing slip to compare it to your order. You may have ordered the “unit booklets” rather than the “unit set.”
If something is missing, contact our Customer Support Team at [email protected] and we will be happy to help you.
Art Supplies Needed
- Watercolor pencils (24 or higher count, water-soluble)
- Paint brushes (2 round: small and medium; 2 flat: small and medium)
- Watercolor paper and drawing paper
- Basic supplies: ruler, pencil sharpener, paper towels, fine-tipped marker (black, permanent)
- Flat cardboard or masonite board
- Thick vine charcoal (soft) and compressed charcoal sticks (soft)
- Charcoal pencil (2B, 4B, 6B, or 8B)
- Kneaded eraser and blending stumps or cotton swabs
- ½” artist tape or masking tape
- Artist workable fixative or aerosol hairspray
Subjects Covered in This Course
This course combines multiple subjects, including:
- Grammar, Usage, & Punctuation
- Poetry & Memorization
- Art Appreciation & Art Instruction
How This Course Works
High School Course Instructions
Ten unit booklets guide students through course readings and exercises. Occasional video lessons provide examples and explanations, so access to a computer is needed. Each completed unit booklet is submitted to the parent or teacher for feedback and evaluation.
- Items Needed
- Art Supplies Needed
- Course Pacing and Using a Planner
- Course Reading Challenge
- High School Geography & Poetry Cards
- Spelling Dictation
- Unit Checks
- Art & Geography
- Access to Course Videos
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit our High School FAQs page where you will find answers to frequently asked questions, helpful videos, and other resources.
How to Download Files
For help with downloading or printing digital files, click below.
Email Customer Support
Do you have more questions? Email our friendly customer support team, and we will be happy to help you further!
Emails are answered Monday–Saturday throughout the day. Most emails are answered within 1 business day (Monday–Friday).