FAQs, Helps, and Extras
We’re here to help you every step of the way!
- Be Brave About Books
- How to Get Your Children Interested in Good and Beautiful Books
- How Books Have Changed in the Past Century
- My Daughter's Story—The Beginning of The Good and the Beautiful
- How do I know my child’s reading level?
Click here to download our reading placement test. Please note that our reading level placement test is different from our language arts level placement test.
- Do the books contain any profanity, potty language, violence, magic, or anthropomorphic animals?
The Good and the Beautiful library books are free of profanity, taking God’s name in vain, potty language, violence, magic, or anthropomorphic animals (animals that act like humans). The Good and the Beautiful does not have a statement on magic or animals that act like humans, and whether that is right or wrong. We encourage others to make that decision themselves. However, for our curriculum and our library, we have chosen to keep everything in the natural realm that God created.
(Note that there are a small number of books on our book list (not books we publish in our library) that contain some magical elements, and they are all noted with a specific symbol.)
- Do The Good and the Beautiful Library books contain romance?
Romance may be included in level 10-12 books, but it is only included in a tasteful, wholesome manner.
- Where do these books come from? Who are the authors?
We publish original books by authors of today. Our library will be expanding but currently includes Kindergarten Books, Level 1A, Level 1B, and Level 2 books.
- What books in the library are integrated into The Good and the Beautiful Curriculum?
If you are planning on using The Good and the Beautiful curriculum, it is strongly suggested that you do not have your children read books integrated with the curriculum until they complete the course. Books integrated with the curriculum are not found in the library but can be found on the language arts product pages.
- Are there any discount opportunities for purchasing a large volume of books?
There are no volume discounts at this time. We do offer a 10% discount for orders over $1000. This discount is automatically applied at checkout and no coupon code is needed.
- How will I know if The Good and the Beautiful adds new books to the Library?
Join our The Good and the Beautiful Email List from our homepage. Not more than once a month, you will receive an email with new book releases, promotions, and/or other information on the library. You can also join The Good and the Beautiful Book Email List. This email is sent every quarter or more frequently and often contains additional details and offers specific to our book list and library.