High School 3 Language Arts Course Set
Principles Behind the High School Language Arts Courses
- Focuses on strong writing skills and preparing students for college-level courses.
- With beautiful artwork and profanity-free literature of the highest moral and literary standards, this full school-year student-directed course combines the following subjects: Literature, Writing, Grammar, Usage, Punctuation, Spelling, Vocabulary, Geography, Art and Art History.
- The student completes 10 unit booklets, which guide the student through the assignments, videos to watch online, and the reading books integrated with the course. After turning in each booklet to the parent or teacher (with the accompanying writing assignments), the parent or teacher corrects the booklet and administers a unit check.
Buy Individual Items
How the Course Workds
What's Needed to Complete the Course
Language Arts Course Set High School 3 Unit BookletsDetails:
Language Arts Course Set High School 3 Book PackDetails:
This book set includes the four required reading books integrated with the course:
- Florence Nightingale—The Angel of the Crimea by Laura E. Richards
- The Little Duke by Charlotte M. Yonge
- The Good and the Beautiful Short Story Collection by Various Authors
- The Call of the Woods—An Edgar Guest Collection Written and Compiled by Jenny Phillips
Grammar and Writing GuideDetails:
- 11” x 8.5”
- 98 pages
Language Arts Course Set High School CardsDetails:
- 42 cards
- Gloss laminated heavy cardstock
Honors Book Study Pride and PrejudiceDetails:
Complete a full study of Pride and Prejudice including the analysis of literary value, themes and messages of the book in this 27-page Honors Book Study. Featuring biographical information about Jane Austen, and challenging vocabulary words, students will be immersed in the life and times of England at the turn of the 19th century. Along with general writing instruction and practice, students are also guided through the analysis and writing of both a response paper and an analysis paper.
Honors Book Study Little MenDetails:
Honors Book Study The Screwtape LettersDetails:
Explore the deeply thought-provoking themes, messages, and literary mastery used in The Screwtape Letters with this 23-page Honors Book Study. Students expand their analytical and writing skills as they keep a personal response notebook and complete exercises such as scriptural connections, quote annotations and explanations, etymology exploration, vocabulary assignments, and more. The book study concludes with students crafting their own Screwtape Letter.
Language Arts Course Placement Test
The Good and the Beautiful Christian Worldview
The Good and the Beautiful curriculum takes a general Christian worldview, focusing, not on the doctrine of any particular Christian church, but on high moral character and basic Bible principles such as gratitude, honesty, prayer, and kindness. Parents can add in their own doctrinal beliefs as desired.
The curriculum is reviewed by members of many different faiths to make sure that the curriculum does not include doctrine specific to any Christian church. We have reviewers and users of the following denominations and more: Lutheran, Assemblies of God, Catholic, Baptist, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Mennonite, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Nazarene, Methodist, Non-Denominational, and Seventh Day Adventists.