Welcome to The Good and the Beautiful Language Arts Level 7
Before You Begin
Language Arts Level 7 is designed to be open-and-go! This means that there is no need to read or prepare anything daily.
It is, however, extremely useful to spend a few minutes getting an overview of the course. Here are a few highlights to help you have successful start.
Required Items Needed for This Course
The Level 7 course set comes shrink wrapped and includes the individual items listed below. Are you missing an item? Check your packing slip to compare it to your order. You may have ordered the “course book” rather than the “course set.”
If something is missing, contact our Customer Support Team at [email protected] and we will be happy to help you.
Daily Items Needed
- Large index card
- Timer, a highlighter, and tracing paper (or very thin paper)
- Set of drawing pencils (with eraser)
- A 9”x12” sketchbook
- Blank notebook with lined paper
- Occasional access to a computer to watch a video and type writing assignments
- Handwriting: We recommend The Good and Beautiful Handwriting Level 6 or 7.
- Books for Personal Reading:Visit The Good and Beautiful Book List and Library for suggestions.
- Typing: It is recommended that children in Level 7 should practice typing skills often. (Most writing assignments will be typed.)
Subjects Covered in Level 7
This course combines multiple subjects. Connecting learning in this manner provides deeper meaning and interest while eliminating the expense and trouble of purchasing and using many different courses.
- Grammar & Usage
- Art Appreciation & Instruction
- Poetry & Memorization
How This Course Works
This 140-lesson course was designed to be done 4–5 days a week. Each child’s pacing is individual, and you should not feel your child needs to finish an entire lesson or complete only one lesson each day.
A parent or teacher reads sentence dictation to the child daily, but for the most part, a student completes lessons independently. You child is responsible for completing a daily checklist containing the following items:
- Sentence Dictation
- Ladders or Poetry Memorization (alternate days)
- Geography or Grammar Cards (alternate days)
- One Course Book Lesson
- Personal Reading
An answer key in the Course Companion allows parents and teachers to check a child’s work and give daily feedback. When needed, adjust the level of parental involvement. Occasionally quiz the child on the Geography and Grammar Cards to assess progress.
Spelling Dictation and Geography & Grammar Cards
About This Course
Read the “About This Course” pages as well as the first page of Lesson 1 for a full picture of how this course works. Click on the “Read About This Course” button below.
- Principles Behind the Course
- Additional Materials Needed
- Items in the Course Set and How to Use Them
- How the Course Works
- How to Instruct Spelling, Dictation, & Sentence Diagramming
- Using the Geography & Grammar Cards
- Length of Daily Work
- Videos: The child will be instructed to watch a few videos during the course.